Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - Day 1

I was sooo happy to get my DVD yesterday - I had/have been reading the reviews for it on amazon.com, and honestly it got me REALLY pumped up & motivated to start, even though many reviews were saying how hard it is.

In my opinion, it was not as hard as I was prepared for.

It does have an intro that you can't skip past so ya that is gonna probably start to get annoying, but I found a solution to this issue. Jillian doesn't give you much more than a couple minute warm up for this DVD, and seriously - common sense stuff - you need more than a minute or two to really be ready for the workout. So instead of complaining about the intro, just do extra warm up exercises while its loading.

I did this as I already knew about the intro thing, and I am probably 50% less sore than most other people after their first day & NOT because I didn't push myself because, trust me, I DID lol. I just had a great stretch out and although I am quite stiff, I feel like it wouldn't be the end of the world to go ahead and do Day 2 like some of the reviewers were saying they couldn't do because of the soreness. I am actually really excited to start Day 2, even though I am sure I will regret saying that when I am in the middle of the workout lol.

One thing I already LOVE off the bat is the moves - they are soooo simple to follow, they are pretty much all gym class type moves like sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, etc. The intensity & the time frame in which they are done at are what really get you the results. No breaks during the whole workout - but if you are new like me I do take a sec and sip some water and catch my breath, but after that I am right back to it.

I LOVE that the video is only about 30 mins long (including warm up and cool down) and that the workout is set up in 3-2-1 system. 3 mins of strengthening with weights, 2 mins cardio, and 1 minute abs & you will do the 3-2-1 a total of 3 times per workout. It seems to be over SUPER fast, so its great for people who get discouraged easily at working out.

Also, as many of you know - she is really a great motivator as well. She seems to say things to help keep you going just at the right time & I appreciate that. Many other videos are really annoying or too bubbly for my taste - I'm sorry, but I am sweating like a hog over here, I don't want to hear your extra happy tone cause I am def not extra happy right now lol. She's very straight forward and I think its funny she even admits to not being very flexible, she struggles with the stretches at first on the cool down part lol.

So those are my thoughts so far. I do need to do my measurements and take some before pictures (can you say DREAD doing that? lol) because I do want to see what my changes are hopefully in the near future! (some people have lost upwards of 10lb's on the first week or two, so I'd love to be in that same boat myself lol.)

Have any of you tried the 30 day shred yet? What were your results & how did you feel about the program?

No comments:

Post a Comment