Thursday, March 22, 2012

Diet...the dreaded word

SO I've been thinking a lot lately about how I need to actually sit down, and write out a goal plan for myself if I really ever plan on getting healthy in a reasonable period of time.

I do know, however, that when I get into "healthy" mode (and when I get an itch to do something, I kinda obsess about it lol) the moment I start to say "I'm on a diet" it starts going downhill. I think many of us has heard this before or had the same thing happen to us, but I end up being worse about eating than I was before, so here is what I vow to do:

~Drink at least 2 quarts of water a day
~Eat every 2-3 hours, small portions, and what I eat needs to be minimally processed - snacks being fruit or veggies & not junk ANYTHING
~Work out at least 20 mins everyday - I will start this when I get my Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred in (hopefully Monday)
~Get a good night's sleep every night & stretch in the morning

I also have decided that I will try to lose weight in small goal increments - about 10 pounds at a time. When I hit my first goal, my present to myself will be non-food related, so I think some shopping may be in order ;)

I will try to remember to get my measurements tonight, OH MAN...I will hate doing that lol

Here are some really awesome websites I found that can help anyone in their weight loss, and it's all FREE!

~This is a great all-around site for anyone looking to be healthier & they provide a TON of knowledge, recipes, etc: http://www.fatsecret.com/

~This site has a place for you to click on a body part, and get several great workouts that target those spots. Its pretty cool!:  http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/

~This website is A LOT like Weight Watchers, you can track points & get information, recipes, etc: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment