Thursday, March 15, 2012

How?

I am frustrated right now...

I LOATHE fighting, arguing, or any kind of confrontation in general. Long story short though, Cody is still in the process of getting his GED & has only ONE test left to do; however, it is one that is hard for him so of course, he's going to be a bit reluctant to deal with it.

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to motivate him to go to school to get practice & help for his last test, but nothing has worked.

I don't want to threaten him with anything because that is not the way to go about it with him - but me saying stuff to him and basically nagging him about it has done nothing. The past couple of days I have gotten into it with him (well I was really the only one getting upset with the fact he wasn't going, he was upset that I was bringing up something that he didn't want to hear) and finally today, I said "I am done with this, it's up to you to finish this. If anyone asks me I will tell them exactly whats going on - and you can deal with them" (I'm basically referring to my parents, because they care more about it than anyone - obviously, they want to see us succeed in life...and SO DO I)

I want so much to see him go and succeed at this school, but HOW DO I GET HIM TO GO!?

I just don't see this ending easily...OH, and in the next few months they said they are changing the test and he would have to take EVERYTHING back over again - and that still doesn't make him go...

What do I do!?!  I need some help!

(PS) I think part of the reason he doesn't care so much is because there is nothing "forcing" him to have his GED right now. I feel at this point it won't happen unless I get pregnant (...don't worry, I would never go get pregnant to make him do this - thats just dumb) or unless he has to be finding another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment