Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Random Ranting's Vol. 1 ~ Relationships

I am not going to mention any names here, but I have had the "pleasure" of listening to a lot of relationship drama lately - and it really just made me realize how many people out there have absolutely NO common sense.

I have not been in many relationships, in fact - only 1 serious relationship EVER, but I think that speaks for itself. Cody and I are, of course, compatible - I think that something every relationship has to have to even exist - but more importantly, we COMMUNICATE everything with each other.

There has to be open communication between you and your partner for any relationship to work - if you have a problem with something SAY IT! Now, I am not saying there are times here and there that you might need to keep your mouth shut - that's when 'picking your battles' comes into play lol. What I guess I am really mean is they are doing something that makes you uncomfortable or if they've done something to upset you - find a good time when you can both talk about it in a calm manner, and tell them what bothers you and the way it makes you feel, etc. Tell them EVERYTHING weighing on your mind; otherwise, you will just sit and think about it...its starts to bother you more...then you become visibly upset or irritated...etc. Then the significant other sees that you are upset, doesn't understand why, then it usually always blows up from there...and nobody is happy...or you've just broken up...

People, just tell them whats wrong - work on fixing the things that brought you to that problem, and move on! It's only hard if you make it hard & it'll make you feel soooo much better - and it possibly just saved your relationship. If the other person freaks out when you try to voice your issues or if they walk away and don't want to talk about it - chances are you probably shouldn't be with them anyways.

Idk - maybe I am wrong, but I feel like if everyone did this there would be a lot less drama!
...and I hate drama! lol

What are your thoughts on this?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I came across your blog by searching the MFP forums! I totally agree with you about the relationship drama, I have quite a few friends going through it at the minute. Communication is key to a strong happy relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found me & Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete